These easy to make cookies are brilliant to make with help from your toddler or older child! I use frozen blueberries for this recipe but you can also use fresh.
Cookies are a good addition to any lunchbox or picnic, you can also freeze them so you always have some stored away. You can also sub blueberries for raisins. Alternatively you can swap the rolled oats for gluten free oats if needed.
Blueberry & Banana Oat Cookies (Vegan Baby Led Weaning)Print This
- 150g oats
- 1 chia/flax egg
- 1 large banana
- A handful of blueberries
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / Gas mark 4-5 and grease a baking tray
- Combine the oats, chia egg, cinnamon and banana in a bowl
- Chop the blueberries in half and add. Stir until completely mixed in
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a spoonful of the mixture and place in your palm. Roll lightly between your hands to make it into a ball approximately 2-3cm wide
- Place the ball on the baking tray and lightly flatten until it’s approximately 1cm thick. Repeat with the rest of the mixture
- Place in the oven until starting to brown and firm(ish) to touch. The mixture will firm further on cooling so it doesn’t need to be completely hard at this stage
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight container until eaten!