Onion soup for two served in a spelt loaf, topped with cheeze ?
Peel the onions, chop in halves and then finely slice.
Fry in a tablespoon of oil or in a little bit of water.
Once cooked, hollow out the bread. Top with some bread crumbs.
Topped with some vegan cheese. Buy grated or a block and grate it before use.
Why not have my Date Pistachio Banana Bread for dessert…
Did you make this recipe? Share it with me on @notetoiris using the hashtag #notetoiris
Onion Soup Served in Spelt Bread topped with CheezePrint This
- 2 tbsp Vegan butter
- 6 Onions (finely sliced)
- 1 tsp Sugar (can be subbed or omitted)
- 1l Veg stock
- 3 Sprigs of dried thyme (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Mixed herbs
- Onion powder (optional)
- Garlic powder (optional)
- Cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- Salt/black pepper to taste
- 1 heaped tbsp Spelt flour (or plain flour)
- 1 bottle of beer
- Spelt bread, or any strong dark bread
- Vegan cheese (optional)