In the next ‘keep calm and bake on’ series ?
Here is some peanut butter & jelly banana bread ?? It was delicious and didn’t last long! ? I’m enjoying cooking with our cupboard ingredients… You can add anything like coffee and walnuts or cashew cream and chocolate ?
High in Valuable Nutrition– Peanut butter has potassium as well as protein which lower the risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease. High in Fibre– It also contains fibre for your bowel health, healthy fats, magnesium to fortify your bones and muscles, Vitamin E and antioxidants. Read more on the benefits of peanut butter here.
Peanut butter & jelly banana bread recipe by notetoiris
Have a look at this date pistachio banana bread I made a couple of weeks ago.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Banana Bread (Vegan/Gluten Free)Print This
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 flax 'egg' replacement (2 tbsp flaxseeds 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan pink salt)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 brown spotty bananas
- 8 pitted dates (soak if necessary)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of plant-based milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- A couple of heaped tablespoons of jam
- A couple of heaped tablespoons of peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking bread form with parchment paper or oil it a little if you have none.
- Create a flax ‘egg’ replacement by mixing together the ground flax seeds and water (you can also do this with chia seeds).
- Mash your bananas with a fork (you can also use a blender if you prefer).
- Soak your dates, it makes it easier to process them, chop them in little chunks or add them to the bananas in the blender.
- Add all other ingredients except for the jam and peanut butter: plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and spelt flour.
- Mix until well combined and until you have no flour lumps.
- Pour mixture into the tin.
- Add the jam and peanut butter on top, pushing it a little in the centre.
- Bake for 30 minutes but check to see if it’s cooked, if a fork comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a cuppa!