As a kid I loved my grandmothers potato salad, so I gave it a vegan makeover… Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you prefer to add to your potato salad…
I used plain Plamil egg and soy free mayo.
Simple Satisfying (and Dairy-Free) Vegan Potato SaladPrint This
- 1kg of new potatoes
- 4 tablespoons Plamil Egg free Mayo
- Quarter of a small cucumber
- 1 stick of celery
- About 20g of ready made sweet corn or 1 corn on the cob (pre-boiled)
- 5 spring onions
- 10g of chives (optional)
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- Lots of salt and pepper
- Half or quarter any of the larger potatoes, then place them all in a pan of cold water with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
- While the potatoes cook, finely chop the spring onions, cucumber, celery and chives.
- When the potatoes are cooked through remove from the heat and drain. Leave the potatoes to cool before stirring through the mayo (you can run them under cold water to speed up the process).
- Stir through the cucumber, celery, sweet corn, spring onions, chives, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Finely chop the remaining spring onion and chives and sprinkle over the potato salad as decoration before serving.